This rose infused body oil is perfect for dry, chapped skin. A little bit goes a long way so this recipe will last you for many months. It can be used on the skin as a body oil or used as the base for your other DIY skincare products.
WHY MAKE INFUSED BODY OIL?
- Quality – by infusing your own oils you have control over the quality of ingredients. You don’t have to worry about any preservatives or add-ins companies use to give their products a longer shelf life.
- Price – Buying infused body oil can get pricey. Making your own is much more affordable. Plus, once you make the initial investment you can use the ingredients to make multiple batches.
- Customization – I love making this product with sweet almond oil and dried, organic rose petals but it is extremely customizable. Use another carrier oil like olive, sunflower, or jojoba. Pick your favorite dried botanical whether it be lemongrass, lavender, or chamomile.
- Benefits – Sweet almond oil is super moisturizing and the vibrant scent of rose petals gives me a burst of energy.
HOW TO USE HERBAL INFUSED BODY OIL
This oil can take the place of your usual moisturizer or can be used as a massage oil. I especially like applying body oil right after a warm shower, while my pores are open so my skin can absorb the oil more easily.
You can also use this oil for the base of your other DIY skincare products to add moisture and a refreshing scent.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 cups rose petals
- 2 cups sweet almond oil. Find the oil I used here.
- 10-15 drops essential oils (optional)
- glass container with airtight lid
- small funnel
- fine mesh strainer
- small bowl
- measuring cup
- small glass bottles with droppers
HOW TO MAKE INFUSED BODY OIL
- Place your rose petals into a clean glass jar. Cover the petals with sweet almond oil until the rose petals are completely submerged.
- Let your oil sit in a dark cool place for 4-6 weeks agitating every couple days by swirling the jar with your hand. The longer you allow the infusion to sit the more intense the scent will become
- Once the infusion is finished, strain out the botanicals using a fine mesh strainer. You may want to add complimentary essential oils. Use your funnel to transfer your rose infused body oil into a small glass bottle. At this point, you may choose to add essential oils. If kept in a cool place out of direct sunlight your oil will last 6 months to a year.