Crustless quiche is the perfect quick fix dinner for those nights when all you want to do is kick your feet up and order a pizza. Easy and whipped up in no time at all, this quiche is very customizable. You can include any yummy add-ins you have in the fridge.
My family has a great arrangement when it comes to family dinners. We all contribute to the food. That means when the holidays come around we are all assigned a certain side. This arrangement has been adopted into our weekly family get-togethers.
My mom called this past Sunday and asked if we wanted to come over for dinner later that day. I didn’t have to think twice. I immediately knew what my contribution would be: crustless quiche.
Why CRUSTLESS Quiche?
I love my go-to crust recipe, but sometimes I don’t want to put the effort into making a homemade crust. You could use a store bought crust, but then you have to actually plan for it in advance. A crustless quiche is perfect for those days when you need something quick and easy.
How to make Crustless Quiche
First, set your oven to 375 degrees F.
Next, chop your vegetables and sauté them in your cast iron skillet with some butter until they are soft and flavorful. I added broccoli and mushrooms to this dish so I sautéed until the mushrooms were golden and the broccoli was slightly browned.
Next, mix 10 eggs with 1 cup of milk or cream. We use this delicious hartzler diary milk. I like to scoop the cream off the top and add it to my measuring cup. Then, I top it off with milk until I have my full cup. Add the salt, pepper, and freshly grated cheese.
Combine until the cream is well incorporated.
Once your vegetables are done, put them in a lightly greased 9×13 pan. Add your egg mixture on top.
Put in the oven for 30 minutes. Finally, add some mozzarella to the top of your quiche and bake for an additional 10 minutes until the eggs are set and the top is nicely browned.
Crustless Broccoli and Mushroom Quiche
- 10 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups brocolli
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup freshly shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 1 cup milk or cream
- 1 cup freshly shredded mozzarella
- Set your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Chop your mushrooms and brocolli into bite size pieces and sautee in butter until the mushrooms are browned and the brocolli has softened.
- Mix 10 eggs with 1 cup of milk, salt, pepper, and sharp cheddar cheese.
- Put vegetables in a lighly greased 9×13 pan.
- Add the egg and cream mixture on top of the vegetables.
- Put in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and add your mozzarella.
- Put the quiche back in the oven for another 10 minutes or until the eggs are set and the top is browned to your liking.
Tips and Tricks
- Remember that you can customize this however you want. This recipe also tastes great with onions, peppers, spinach, cherry tomatoes, and more!
- Make sure to add freshly shredded mozzarella to the top. If you use pre-shredded it won’t bubble and brown properly.
- This recipe is perfect for any time of day! Sometimes I make it ahead so I can eat it in the morning for breakfast. Plus, it heats up beautifully in the cast iron skillet. It also makes a quick and easy dinner.